Monday, March 7, 2011

Cruisy Park In The Castro

Della Sirenetta e degli altri migranti


These days are, in the eyes of all the barges
of migrants who arrived on the coasts Italian.
desperate for help, treated by Gaddafi, in his delusion of omnipotence
as a bogeyman for Europe that will prevent future invasion
leaving him alone on his throne of blood.
( It is said that some Europeans do not believe him,
cynical selfishness is part of some sub-culture creeping in for a long time)
This morning I was reading the new issue of Poetry n.258 Director Nicola Crocetti
(I suggest you visit www.poesia.it the site) and among the many works, this poem struck me
Professor Tabish Khair (pictured) Class '66
born and raised in Gaya, a city holy to Hindus and India come to
fradda work in Aarhus (Denmark) as an Associate Professor in the homonymous
University.
because I was struck with the originality of Indian poet, compares
The Little Mermaid (which Andersen would have thought?) To a migrant
to live that love has to give up on itself, what makes it unique and individual
, scales, tail ... the sea and migrate into another world.


Immigrant
(The Little Mermaid)
so hard to move on new legs:
The punishment of the consonants, vowels vibrato.

And so you gave up a kingdom
You can not love what I was.

Spying in my past
See
Only
Flakes and weeds

I once had a voice
now only two legs


Sometimes I wonder if the exchange was fair

by Man of Glass by Tabish Khair translation of Gratian Kratli.

0 comments:

Post a Comment